Tuesday 10 April 2012

Day 4 on the alien planet...

So we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy on Friday! He's adorable and happy and has no great respect for the convention of sleeping at night and being awake during the day. So far his main activities don't really involve much by way of actual movement, but he still manages to make some pretty adorable facial expressions, and I can appreciate the fact that his relatively stationary existence at this point lends me freedom to do things other than chase him around - though I look forward to that stage when it comes!

Anyways, I could keep rambling about the baby, but, more to the point of the blog, I have my initial measurements and etc as of 8 Apr:

Weight: approx 196 lbs (I have a pretty cheap scale, but I think that is about right)
Chest: 43 in
Waist: 44 in
Hips: 44 in
Bum: 45 in
Upper leg: 26 in
Mid Calf: 16 1/2 in
Upper Arm: 12 in

And after 2 days on the diet I have rediscovered my complete and total lack of will power when it comes to food. So this should be interesting...

The workout for the first 6 weeks post-natal is pretty basic, but it felt good to just do some of the core exercises that I hadn't done in quite a while now! As for the cardio aspect, I was able to use "walking around Costco" as a legitimate workout...part of me finds that sad and another part finds it incredibly awesome...

Anyways, more to come when I am in a more productive mood!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on the baby, and good luck with the "getting-your-body-back" journey. It feels soooo good when you get back into your pre-pregnancy jeans (I've only just done that myself at 8 months pp. =P)

    ReplyDelete